This is one post that has been long overdue. The main reason I procrastinated this one is because I find it incredibly hard to write about myself.
Having said that, I am humbled and honoured that Salvwi chose me for this award. Thank you for nominating me, Salvwi; apologies for the delay.
What is The Liebster Award?
Liebster Award is passed around the blogging community to people whose blogs you enjoy and who are relatively new to blogging.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award, and you choose to accept it, you have to write a blog post about the same, in which you-
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself (asked by the person who nominated you).
- Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, and create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
11 Random Facts About Me:
You can check my post accepting the Versatile Blogger Award for 7 random facts about me. Here are four more –
- I find writing facts about me more difficult than writing anything else.
- I always try and multitask; doing just one thing at a time makes me feel inefficient. Note: This does not mean that I am good at multi-tasking, it just makes me feel better to try.
- I cannot sleep without a clean kitchen. If I do, it comes to haunt me in my dreams. Truth.
- This final one, is pretty weird, but true nonetheless. When I was a kid, I used to believe that people got sucked into the fan of the elevator; I was always amazed to find them emerge on the other floor. I know, I know, this defies all logic and common sense. I warned you!
My answers to Salvwi’s questions:
1. Which quality defines you?
I honestly don’t know. I find it hard to answer such a question. There are several qualities that define me most of the times, but no single quality that defines me all the time. Unless you count dysania as a quality, and not a condition (Dysania is the state of having a hard time waking up and getting out of bed in the morning). Hey, I got the quality – Dysanic! (yes, totally made that up).
2. If you were a color, which one would you choose to be and why?
This sounds like one of those questions that one would get asked in beauty pageants, where one is judged by the deep underlying significance of the color one chooses. Since this is no pageant, and I am pretty immune to judgement, I will go with Red and White, simply because I like them. No profound reason.
3. Do you like digital or physical books?
Both. I love my physical books, but with the amount of reading I do, they would need a separate room, and eventually their own zip code 😛 . The only physical books I keep with me now, are the books that mean something to me. Those I buy physical versions of, even if I have already bought and read the e-book. One of the books that made it to my personal library’s hall of fame this year is The Palace of Illusions.
4. Can writing be an acquired talent?
5. How important is your blog for you?
Important enough to wake up on a Saturday at 6 in the morning to write this blog post, as that is the only quiet time I can be assured of in my day. Once my toddler wakes up, it is just like jungle gym all-day-every-day in my house 🙂 . (It is important to note here that I am not a morning person at all. Refer Dysania above.)
6. Did you meet an old friend recently?
That depends on how you define ‘recently’. I met 2 earlier this year when I had been to India.
7. List 3 things without which you don’t leave your house ever.
Only one thing really – my cell phone. Unless I am going out alone, then it’s my cell-phone, my wallet, and car keys.
8. What would you like to change in yourself, if at all?
Oh this is easy. I would like to worry less, especially about my son. Yes, I know that worry kind of comes with the territory of being a parent, but mine can be border-line insanity at times, and I am not sure if it is just border-line (if you know what I mean).
9. How did you pamper yourself today?
Again, that depends on how you define ‘pamper’. This question makes me think of things like a long spa bath, manicure, pedicure and such. But really, I just don’t have the time and patience for them. I wish I did, but I don’t. So I “pampered” myself by getting a copy of The Time Traveler’s Wife and setting aside dedicated reading time. Not the typical pamper session, I know; but it is just the thing for me.
10. How happy are you today?
One word. Very.
11. What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
I can answer question # 10 with the same one word on most days.
My Nominations & Questions:
I nominate – Nidhi & Kala (I can’t think of anyone else who is relatively new to blogging, so just these 2 as of now)
- Why did you start blogging?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Is blogging everything you expected it to be? Or is it different from what you imagined?
- What is the one thing you wish you knew before you started to blog?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be?
- What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
- What is your biggest obsession?’
- What is your most prized possession?
- Which blogger would you like to meet in person?
- Which post of yours is your personal favourite? (Please share the link with us)
- What one piece of advice would you give new writers/ bloggers?